Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sprinkles Cupcakes


In a sea of cupcake options...Sprinkles has found a way to standout. Beginning in Beverly Hills, this little cupcake shop has exploded into 10 retail locations and a franchise in it's own right. A good question you might be thinking is why am I writing about a "gluten-full" cupcake place? The point of this post is two fold: Sprinkles has made it to Chicago and they decided to offer 1 gluten-free cupcake that just so happens to be in my favorite flavor (red velvet!).

I actually found out about Sprinkles from Williams and Sonoma. They sell Sprinkles cupcakes mixes so that you can make them at home (which was great before I knew that I needed to be gluten-free). The mix is very easy (like Betty Crocker) and tasted amazing. After becoming gluten-free I had given up on my love for Sprinkles and was more saddened than excited when they opened up shop in Chicago...until last week. A friend of mine mentioned that they have a gluten-free cupcake. Could this be true!?!?!

I visited their beautifully constructed website and found out that indeed they have begun selling as mentioned above a gluten-free cupcake. Funny enough, it's my birthday next Monday and my Mom is going to order a bunch of gluten & gluten-free cupcakes for the party. Can't wait! Stay tuned for a report.

No comments:

Post a Comment