Thursday, January 23, 2014

#GlutenFreeVegan

It's crazy the amount of inspiration you can get from simply typing in #glutenfreevegan in the Discovery tab of Instagram. Over the past 6 months I've started following a slew of Vegan & Gluten Free bloggers and I'm just in amazement. I know our country has a dire health problem with obesity & diabetes but I'll tell you the health movement is astounding. We've all seen the Celebrity Chefs, Celebrities and Doctors over the years pushing their food movements, but what gets me excited the most is the regular Jane's.

Every day on my Instagram feed, I am greeted with Vegetarian bloggers, Vegan bloggers, Gluten free bloggers, Home cooks, Work out fiends, Smoothie connoisseurs, Raw dieters and my favorite... restaurant critics. With a few taps on your phone you are presented with a world of ideas. A holiday or general craving has not gone by without the ability to search online to get all of the answers on how to make gluten free AND vegan. Lately I've had my eye on making gluten free vegan/vegetarian crumb cake. Like New York style crumb cake. Post to follow when I actually achieve this great feat.

What led me to write today was that one of the bloggers I follow Yvonne, of "My Eclectic Kitchen," posted about a holistic online grocer that she is a fan of. This grocer is like PeaPod meets Amazon. It's call VitaCost. In her pic she showed a few of the ingredients that I'm familiar working with and thought I'd give the site a look. I was astounded by finding every gluten free & vegan product I've ever seen in the past 5 years available at this site at a discount. Everyone knows that an alternative diet is expensive and therefore there is an absolutely demand for this type of service. The site has hundreds of thousands of products ranging from food to vitamins to dog supplies. I perused the site like a kid in a candy store. I kept my shopping cart to about $60 to get the free shipping (above $49) but didn't go too crazy in case the box comes to my apartment all mangled. I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival. The site says the shipment will take 1-4 days. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment